Kagerou, a ninja-like purse and wallet-snatching thief, plagues the students of Kaimei Academy. Can the Sket-dan stop him or will it take a ninja to catch a ninja? Over at the Student Council, President Tsubaki is trying to get used to his position, a task made harder when it appears the new treasurer is off her rocker.
Hime finds Kiri handsome
Saaya informs the Sket Dan about someone taking over the treasurer's role for student council while Kiri Kato eavesdrops from the trees. Chiaki and Misato arrive to debrief the Sket Dan about a thief who dresses in a ski mask and all black attire. Switch states it's Kagerou who is a fast thief, and Shinzo thinks Kagerou is a ninja. The others refuse to believe Shinzo, and Shinzo asks Saaya to verbally abuse him (not directly). He tells them that there is a student here who is a ninja. As Hime and Switch play catch, the ball flies off and hits Kiri who is walking away. Himeko remarks that Kiri could have dodged while Bossun adds that Kiri's reflexes are slow. Kiri tells them not to get involved with Kagerou, and Himeko gets angry. She yells and demands him to state his name. Near the ball park, Kiri catches a ball and throws it.
Kiri catches Kagerou from behind
On the streets, Bossun and Himeko find a place with plenty of blind spots. He goes over the plan with Himeko as the bait. Bossun tells her to look weak not like a tiger but to no success. Then, Kagerou strikes, and before Bossun can fire, a smoke screen pops out. Himeko tries to hit something, but she knocks out Bossun. Kagerou catches Himeko at knife point, and then, Kiri appears behind Kagerou with a kunai. The two fight each other, and Kiri manages to punch Kagerou, but Kiri gets his arm cut. Himeko hits Kagerou's arm, and Kiri delivers the final blow with a chained weapon. Himeko realizes that Kiri is the ninja's descendant and didn't dodge the ball on purpose. She tells Kiri that he's strong, and Kiri tells her his name. Bossun wakes up to see Kagerou tied up. Back in the Sket Dan room, Saaya teases Bossun while Switch notes that Bossun looked sad. Shinzo pops from the window, and when Saaya calls him an idiot, Shinzo wants her to insult him one more time. Bossun feels that something is not right. Bossun tells Sasuke about Kiri Kato, and Sasuke finds it interesting that Himeko acknowledge his strength. Sasuke tells him to read more history books and lay off the manga.
In the Kaimei Student Council room, Mimori, Daisy, and Sasuke introduces themselves to Hani. Hani does not say anything, and Sasuke introduces her and asks them if they have something to say. Hani proposes that all male students should be expelled. When Tsubaki asks Hani, Hani states that she does not wish to speak to Tsubaki. Tsubaki demands her to explain why, and Hani speaks to Mimori about how she feels that Tsubaki likes her. Daisy pets Hani on the head because Daisy finds her cute. Hani explains that she was raised in an all girls school and in a male free environment. This is why she hates men. As Hani go over the analogies, Roman pops in and explains about white pencils. Hani wishes that she can interact with boys normally, and Tsubaki approaches Hani with a handshake. He wants to help Hani who refuses to be touch. He grabs her hand. Suddenly, Hani transforms into a seductive woman called Bunny. Bunny does not talk to women because she hates women and that she is Hani's other personality. As Bunny tries to get Tsubaki to touch her more, Tsubaki asks her how she transforms back. When he learns that Bunny transforms back with a woman touching her, Tsubaki orders Daisy to touch her. Daisy chases her, and Roman crashes into Bunny who transforms back. After Hani realizes her shirt is undone, she slaps Tsubaki, and she transforms back into Bunny. Later, Tsubaki thinks that he needs a male officer, and Kiri Kato appears with a request to join the student council.
Points of Interest
- New Characters: Kiri Kato and Hani Usami make their debut.
- Sojiro and Shinba only appeared in the recap.
- Hani states that men are like C batteries while women are N batteries.
Manga and Anime Differences
- Character Altercations: In the manga, Dante is the one who got mugged. He and Shinzo are the only ones with the Sket Dan. Compared to the anime, Saaya and Chiaki are present with the Sket Dan, and Misato is one who got mugged.
- Scene Altercations: In the manga, Kiri Kato does not dodge the softball twice: one by Himeko and one by another girl. In the anime, he didn't dodge Himeko/Switch's ball, but he is seen catching and throwing a ball back.
- Only in the manga, Kiri states that he knows who Himeko is by saying Onihime.
- Only in the anime, Saaya and Switch talk about Bossun who is thinking about Kiri Kato. Shinzo is also present
- In the manga, Roman does not make a physical appearance. In the anime, Roman touches Hani. Whereas in the manga, Daisy is the one who touches Hani.
- Japanese Name: "Kagerō o oe!" 影狼を追え！
- Manga Chapter: 152 and 153
- Opening Theme: "Clear" by The Sketchbook
- Ending Theme: "Sekai wa Okujō de Miwataseta" by Sket+Sketch