New Berserk? Or Shop Job? Rumor Alert!

Topic started by gia on Aug. 14, 2009. Last post by luce 4 years ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
There's a whole lot of alleging going on: a member of the NeoGAF forums allegedly posted some photos from an alleged new Berserk anime, which he allegedly from a friend who allegedly works for Studio 4ºC while he was allegedly drunk. They've been reproduced on the MangaHelpers forums, and here for your viewing pleasure.  







Let me reiterate, as always: these images have NOT been verified in any way. I went through all the comments to make sure that there was'nt someone going “that's obviously yanked from [xyz anime] and shopped!” but didn't see anything-- of course, if any of you spot anything fishy in the images, give us a heads up. Of course, there's something funny about a 4C employee having access to new Berserk anime...

But the main consensus seems to be that people want it to be true, but suspect that an anime would just catch up to the manga's current place fairly quickly and then it'd be back to waiting.

What do you think? Do you want a Berserk anime soon, or would you rather wait and get the entire rest of the story?
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff
OMMGGG DO WANT. Those look real I would have to say. I don't mind going back to waiting, I just want to see it.
Post by N15PCA (611 posts) See mini bio Level 13
let's hope they finish the story for the Berserk anime from the 1990's and it's not a retelling of the Berserk from the start.  Which by the way was a great show.  I hope this is true.
Post by JELEINEN (49 posts) See mini bio Level 1
@N15PCA said:
"let's hope they finish the story for the Berserk anime from the 1990's and it's not a retelling of the Berserk from the start.  Which by the way was a great show.  I hope this is true. "

Given that the manga isn't anywhere close to being finished, fat chance of getting closure in an anime.  Personally, I thought they handled dealing with this in the TV series quite well, but really there's been nothing else like that long flashback that's self-contained enough to make a good anime with.  The way Miura's been going the last few years, it's going to be a long time before the story will be over. 
Post by FLCL1 (3,935 posts) See mini bio Level 7

as a big beserk fan *start to sob* IM SO HAPPY!!!! lol :P i hope they really countinue the epic story (p.s. so many "allegedly's" ;) )    
Post by Sonata (35,218 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Moderator
Please Let this be true Berserk is AWESOME!!!!!!
Post by N15PCA (611 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@JELEINEN said:
" @N15PCA said:
"let's hope they finish the story for the Berserk anime from the 1990's and it's not a retelling of the Berserk from the start.  Which by the way was a great show.  I hope this is true. "
Given that the manga isn't anywhere close to being finished, fat chance of getting closure in an anime.  Personally, I thought they handled dealing with this in the TV series quite well, but really there's been nothing else like that long flashback that's self-contained enough to make a good anime with.  The way Miura's been going the last few years, it's going to be a long time before the story will be over.  "
 
The anime and manga can be two different stories.  So I don't see why they can finish the anime verison of Berserk.
Post by Nyarlathotepsama (1 posts) See mini bio Level 1

Hi, first post, likely last too *grins* but I played around with these images in shop for a few hours, nothing fishy.  They check out across the board.  But, given they are seemingly real, it doesn't even by a stretch of the imagination mean there is a new series in the works.  These images could very well be nothing but well...images.  Created and PLANTED by a production company to fish for interest.  this is a fairly common way of testing to the waters to see if there is enough fan base left to release a new series or remake or OVA or whatever based upon the series.  There is a good chance...and a sad one, that whatever this project is might be either many years away or worse, some sort of like 2 part OVA...  Well just adding my two cents real quick; images golden, series questionable at best. 
 
Personal Note:  OH PLEASE, OH PLEASE, OH PLEASE God can you make it true...that is unless you are too busy creating forest fires or not existing.
Post by xd1337x (1 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Omg I hope this is real tho. This is probably the best anime i have ever  seen and WOULD KILL, to see more chapters! 
Post by FLCL1 (3,935 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@xd1337x said:
"Omg I hope this is real tho. This is probably the best anime i have ever  seen and WOULD KILL, to see more chapters!  "

agreed lol
Post by luce (23 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Please be true
Top Editors
Top Posters
Bertmasta
4 posts
Nerx
4 posts
N15PCA
3 posts
Donwun
3 posts
Thanatos
3 posts
Sonata
3 posts
TheHT
2 posts
samweller999
2 posts
FLCL1
2 posts
Lemegeton300
2 posts
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel