Welcome to the seventh weekly Beelzebub article! I'm Takashichea, and my teammates are Annabanana, ShadowKnight508, and Sreenivas. This week's episode, His Brother was a Crybaby, is about a day at the amusement park. We have a lovely image gallery for those who love images to collect, make animated GIFs, or more. They were provided by Anna and ShadowKnight508. For those who read the manga, I know how you feel with fillers, but let's talk about the good, the bad, and the bizarre first.
To recap: In the last episode, we see Lord En and his wet nurses for the first time. Lord En is here to destroy mankind at the request of the Great Demon Lord with Beel. Oga, the gang, and the rest of humanity are safe because Lord En is preoccupied with games.
After Lord En has left with his servants, Oga faces an awkward situation when he and Hilda walked Aoi to her house. Yet, Oga does not get a break at school when Aoi's friends suspect he made Aoi do something shameful at his house. Azusa decides to take Oga and Aoi to a double date to help Aoi get comfortable with Oga; however, Alaindelon helps Azusa by doing a triple date at the amusement park. What joy! In the park, Oga and the gang meet Lord En again.
What will happen between Lord En and Beel's human sidekicks and will Oga and Aoi get a break? Tune in and watch Beelzebub episode 39!
Beware of Spoilers!
For those who love to pair up Aoi and Oga, this episode has some wonderful and awkward scenes of Oga and Aoi together.
Beel proves himself to be a braver kid (child for grammar nazi) than Lord En.
There's two point of views. For those who hate fillers and read the manga first, they will think this episode is a waste of time and delays the awesome battles that has yet to come. For those who have read, you probably enjoyed the wackiness of the episode, yet it has not much action.
My only bad thing I like to point out is this:
This can be a bizarre thing as well. Hilda is a bad ass wet nurse whose parasol has a hidden sword while Yolda has an ordinary broom. We all know who is going to win, Hilda. Her sword will chop Yolda's broom into pieces. I wonder why the author, Ryuhei Tamura, did not give Yolda a weapon. The broom could have been a spear, a lance, or a halberd. Well, a halberd will be hard to conceal. The only fictional female character I think is threatening with a broom is Seung Mina from Soul Calibur.
How could Beel ride a roller coaster if he does not meet the height requirement? Oga, that's child endangerment there.
Aoi believes Oga's story too easily. Could it be that love is taking away her logic? Yes.
Toujou appears in a second costume so far. He was in a cool costume in the Magical Girl episode. Now, he's in a strange pink umbrella thing. You can't blame him since he's a starving student like me and the rest of the college students.
Overall, this episode was fun to watch, but it did not have the action much. Lord En can be an annoying brat. The preview of the next episode is exciting. We get to see a new character, and Hilda and Oga are fighting together for the first time. First, we get Oga and Aoi with a little Alaindelon X Furuichi, and now we get to see Hilde and Oga kick some butt.
It depends on your opinion. I believe the best fillers were episode 11 and 16. Ep. 11 was all about Himekawa, and he's not a bad guy deep down. Ep. 16 is about how Furuichi gain a backbone on a hot, summer day.
Feel free to discuss about the episode or other filler episodes.
Trivia and Wiki Progress
Character's Wiki Page of the Week
This week, my team focused on Baby Beelzebub's wiki page. We got his origin, creation, evolution, and powers down already, so we work on the story arcs, other media, and anime/manga differences. Check his page out.
Thank you guys for reading and commenting on my team's weekly article. I thank my team for the great work we have done while juggling college. Give them some recognition. I hope you guys and gals get active and involved with our little community. It could be posting comments, wiki editing, or even writing a beginner guide or a weekly article. That sounds exciting.
- For those who are new to making beginner guides, head on down to see Sotyfan16's blog, Guide to Making Guides. He's the CEO in Anime Vice. Don't forget to vote for a stellar community member in Vicer of the Month: October. It ends on Oct. 29th.
- Check out FoxxFireArt's Community Spotlight page for yesterday and comment. We need to support each other in this community.
- Check out our team's wiki vitae list: Beelzebub!
This Week's Weekly Reports by my Team
- Gintama 231: Happy Funeral Riots by Taka
- Sket Dance 30: Crank up the Nyora! by Taka
- Sket Dance ep. 9 by KuroNekoXIII (I called him Neko for short)
- Guilty Crown 3 by Neko
- Rave Master Beginner Guide (Coming on Sunday or next week)
Last Week's Reports
- Beelzebub 38: The Sibling Rivalry by Taka
- Gintama 230: This Title is a Text Message Subject by MohsinMan99
- Guilty Crown 2: Science Class or Survival of the Fittest by KuroNekoXIII
- Sket Dance 29: The Mistaken Angel and Food Fighter by Taka
Team and Friends' Blogs
- You and Me, ep1: Wiki, Screens, and Impressioms by Auron570 (a teammate of mine on the Gosick project)
- What is your favorite anime animal and why? by EganTheVile1 (a transformer and GI Joe Wiki Editor)
- Weekly Beelzebub: Chapter 130 by Arussel (a fan of Beelzebub)
- Should there be romance in Beelzebub by Sreenivas (Team Beelzebub)
- Anime/Manga Spotlight#1 by ReVamp (I put this down because it was about Blue Exorcist, a former project that Anna and I used to do in summer 2011.)
- Wiki Editing 101: Different Forms of Creation by Taka
- Weird or What? Sayonara, Zetsubou Sensei ep. 3 by Superevil225
- How do You Make a Team of Wiki Editors Guide by Taka
A proud member of Team W.I.K.I. Nation
*Sorry, I didn't do an animated GIF for this episode.