Mysterious Girlfriend X Discussion

Topic started by Daniel_Newton on Nov. 22, 2012. Last post by LHWKnight 3 months, 3 weeks ago.
Post by Supreme Marvel (5,159 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Up to date now.

I enjoyed the image of Tsubaki kissing a photo of Urabe, and then her kissing the other side. That was cool.

Her wearing his shirt.

All nice things.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,227 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Moderator

@Supreme Marvel said:

Her wearing his shirt.

Hmm, I remember that...

I enjoyed the image of Tsubaki kissing a photo of Urabe, and then her kissing the other side. That was cool.

Doooon't remember that...

Okay, yeah, I definitely need to go back and check all the chapters. Sounds like there's quite a lot I've missed.

What did you think of Momoka? I think she's a fun character, quite the troublemaker too.

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,159 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Daniel_Newton said:

@Supreme Marvel said:

Her wearing his shirt.

Hmm, I remember that...

Really? She was sick and he came over to help, left his shirt there. He returns later and she's wearing his shirt when she opens the door.

I enjoyed the image of Tsubaki kissing a photo of Urabe, and then her kissing the other side. That was cool.

Doooon't remember that...

Okay, yeah, I definitely need to go back and check all the chapters. Sounds like there's quite a lot I've missed.

:O A person has taken pictures of the girls during swimming class. Tsubaki is given the one of Suwano, while his friends buys the rest so he doesn't rouse suspicion. Tsubaki makes sure he gets Urabe from him while getting the others. He has to do this because Urabe found the photo and wasn't pleased. Near the end he kisses them both having different affects on the drool and then explains what happened. He then kisses the photo after Urabe asking if there was any difference. When he kisses it Urabe jumps in and kissed the other side of the photo.

Very romantic.

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,159 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Daniel_Newton: Momoka has just popped back into it. Interesting to see if she brings anything back up.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,227 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Moderator

@Supreme Marvel said:

Her wearing his shirt.

Hmm, I remember that...

Really? She was sick and he came over to help, left his shirt there. He returns later and she's wearing his shirt when she opens the door.

Yeah, I said I remember that part :P

I enjoyed the image of Tsubaki kissing a photo of Urabe, and then her kissing the other side. That was cool.

Doooon't remember that...

Okay, yeah, I definitely need to go back and check all the chapters. Sounds like there's quite a lot I've missed.

:O A person has taken pictures of the girls during swimming class. Tsubaki is given the one of Suwano, while his friends buys the rest so he doesn't rouse suspicion. Tsubaki makes sure he gets Urabe from him while getting the others. He has to do this because Urabe found the photo and wasn't pleased. Near the end he kisses them both having different affects on the drool and then explains what happened. He then kisses the photo after Urabe asking if there was any difference. When he kisses it Urabe jumps in and kissed the other side of the photo.

Very romantic.

The first part sounds familiar, though I might be thinking about the bit in the anime where he takes photos of Urabe with her new hairdo, not sure. Either way I don't think I remember the kissing part.

That's good though! It just means there's some Mysterious Girlfriend X content I've missed somehow and need to check out, sweet.

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,159 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Daniel_Newton said:

@Supreme Marvel said:

Her wearing his shirt.

Hmm, I remember that...

Really? She was sick and he came over to help, left his shirt there. He returns later and she's wearing his shirt when she opens the door.

Yeah, I said I remember that part :P

Seemed like you were struggling.

I enjoyed the image of Tsubaki kissing a photo of Urabe, and then her kissing the other side. That was cool.

Doooon't remember that...

Okay, yeah, I definitely need to go back and check all the chapters. Sounds like there's quite a lot I've missed.

:O A person has taken pictures of the girls during swimming class. Tsubaki is given the one of Suwano, while his friends buys the rest so he doesn't rouse suspicion. Tsubaki makes sure he gets Urabe from him while getting the others. He has to do this because Urabe found the photo and wasn't pleased. Near the end he kisses them both having different affects on the drool and then explains what happened. He then kisses the photo after Urabe asking if there was any difference. When he kisses it Urabe jumps in and kissed the other side of the photo.

Very romantic.

The first part sounds familiar, though I might be thinking about the bit in the anime where he takes photos of Urabe with her new hairdo, not sure. Either way I don't think I remember the kissing part.

That's good though! It just means there's some Mysterious Girlfriend X content I've missed somehow and need to check out, sweet.

Good go check it out!

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,159 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Daniel_Newton: New manga is out if you did't know. :)

There is an image in there you'll love! Page 16.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,227 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Moderator

@Supreme Marvel: Thanks for the heads up. It was a nice chapter, but pretty slow-paced. The idea of Tsubaki and Urabe possibly getting a little tipsy from drinking champagne maybe had some wasted potential. I mean, Urabe could have given Tsubaki a Christmas kiss on the cheek or something, you know? Doesn't sound like much, but that would be a big deal for Tsubaki. Still, can't complain about getting to see Urabe is a santa outfit, as cliché as that may be. It was nice that it wasn't super revealing, especially since she said her dad gave if to her... which is maybe a little weird.

And yeah, that is a nice image, and by mentioning it you convinced me to start uploading manga images to the wiki:

Super handy if I ever get around to filling in the wiki pages, but still nice to have anyway.

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,159 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Daniel_Newton: Knew you'd like it. You should do it. You have passion for it.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,227 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Moderator

@Supreme Marvel: I've definitely thought about it, though it would probably be best to finish the anime pages before digging into the manga stuff. I know said he'd like to go back and fill in more of the episode pages if he finds the time.

By the way, did you notice the sci-fi stuff on the Christmas tree? That's definitely a theme that crops up again and again in Mysterious Girlfriend X, in subtle ways like that. Maybe there will be a big reveal at some point that Urabe is actually an alien, ha. I guess it could explain her strange drool powers...

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,159 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Daniel_Newton: I always kind of felt that she could be from an alien race who landed a while back and began to live there. Her being brought up there. Because if he drool not special I think it'd take away from the story a bit. Although, it could be a distraction. Fooling you into thinking she's an alien then BAM, it's magical. I wonder why they haven't killed properly yet. They've been together for a while now, he's 17? I'd done much more than that by the time I was 15.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,227 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Moderator

@Supreme Marvel said:

Fooling you into thinking she's an alien then BAM, it's magical.

Well for now it basically is magical, or super-natural anyway, which is kind of the same thing. Without knowing for sure that Urabe's an alien or a robot or something, it's really the only conclusion we can come to.

@Supreme Marvel said:

I wonder why they haven't killed properly yet.

Haha, I'm going to assume you meant kissed. It does seem like that's really being dragged out. It kind of has to happen... eventually, it's more of a question of how. Will it be this built-up romantic moment or will it be awkward or even go badly somehow and threaten their relationship? The series might benefit from an extra injection of drama. It hasn't really had much since Hayakawa was threatening their relationship, and I can't see another character coming between Urabe and Tsubaki like that.

Also, Oka has known about Tsubaki and Urabe for a long time, but Ueno has to find out about them at some point too. That could be interesting, I have a feeling that would result in some awkward double-dating.

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,159 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Daniel_Newton said:

@Supreme Marvel said:

Fooling you into thinking she's an alien then BAM, it's magical.

Well for now it basically is magical, or super-natural anyway, which is kind of the same thing. Without knowing for sure that Urabe's an alien or a robot or something, it's really the only conclusion we can come to.

If it's not, Ill be annoyed with it. It'll break some of the magic for me.

@Daniel_Newton said:

@Supreme Marvel said:

I wonder why they haven't killed properly yet.

Haha, I'm going to assume you meant kissed. It does seem like that's really being dragged out. It kind of has to happen... eventually, it's more of a question of how. Will it be this built-up romantic moment or will it be awkward or even go badly somehow and threaten their relationship? The series might benefit from an extra injection of drama. It hasn't really had much since Hayakawa was threatening their relationship, and I can't see another character coming between Urabe and Tsubaki like that.

Also, Oka has known about Tsubaki and Urabe for a long time, but Ueno has to find out about them at some point too. That could be interesting, I have a feeling that would result in some awkward double-dating.

Yeah, I meant kissed. Muscle memory. When I type something and something comes into my head while am doing another thing. My fingers will type something else without me knowing. :/ Happens all the time.

Well after the kiss you have other things. So the kiss should come soon I think. Maybe he's waiting for the 100 issue or something? More drama is good. I felt the drama with the girl with nice eyes during film class. Be nice to have so more drama to. I wonder if they'll add a male character for drama? Since Urabe seems in control of her emotions and well, Tsubaki doesn't. So it's easier to have the female drama. I guess it's also a learning curve for Urabe also.

I'm hoping for another chapter.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,227 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Moderator

@Supreme Marvel said:

I wonder if they'll add a male character for drama? Since Urabe seems in control of her emotions and well, Tsubaki doesn't.

Did Urabe mention having a crush before Tsubaki? I think she might have, but I'm not sure. Maybe it's time to introduce him for some tension.

Not a lot happened in the new chapter, but it definitely made me laugh a few times, especially when Urabe blocked Oka's attack, twice.

Uploaded a few images from the chapter:

I like how the first image shows how strongly Tsubaki resembles his grandfather. Guess we know what he'll look like when he's older.

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,159 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Daniel_Newton said:

@Supreme Marvel said:

I wonder if they'll add a male character for drama? Since Urabe seems in control of her emotions and well, Tsubaki doesn't.

Did Urabe mention having a crush before Tsubaki? I think she might have, but I'm not sure. Maybe it's time to introduce him for some tension.

I think she did, but from what I can recall from a small little light in the back of my mind is that she was only telling him that to make him feel what Urabe felt when he talked or did something involving that girl he firstly had a crush on. But that is just a little spark of memory. Could be totally wrong.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,227 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Moderator

@Supreme Marvel: Yeah I'm not sure either. Failing the old crush idea, a way to spice things up could be Ueno finally finding out about Tsubaki and Urabe, especially if he finds out secretly (seeing them together from afar) and things get awkward. I feel like there needs to be a new dynamic of some kind introduced soon.

Or maybe just a massive fan service chapter. The manga has been ongoing since 2006 and I don't think we've seen a single trip to a hot spring... impressive.

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,159 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Daniel_Newton: I wouldn't mind some adventure. The school goes on a trip to somewhere, the main four get lost, it's Tsubaki with Oka while Urabe ends up lost with Ueno. Could play around with that idea. Oka could suggest things to Tsubaki about what Urabe could be doing alone with Ueno. Maybe Oka is the reason they get lost? Some mischief on her part.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,227 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Moderator

@Supreme Marvel said:

@Daniel_Newton: I wouldn't mind some adventure. The school goes on a trip to somewhere, the main four get lost, it's Tsubaki with Oka while Urabe ends up lost with Ueno. Could play around with that idea. Oka could suggest things to Tsubaki about what Urabe could be doing alone with Ueno. Maybe Oka is the reason they get lost? Some mischief on her part.

...perfect. You should give Riichi Ueshiba a call and make it happen.

That actually sounds like something Oka might do, too. Maybe Oka could end up flirting with Tsubaki a bit, that could definitely create some tension. There was potential for that back when they bumped into each other and had ice-cream together.

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,159 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Daniel_Newton said:

@Supreme Marvel said:

@Daniel_Newton: I wouldn't mind some adventure. The school goes on a trip to somewhere, the main four get lost, it's Tsubaki with Oka while Urabe ends up lost with Ueno. Could play around with that idea. Oka could suggest things to Tsubaki about what Urabe could be doing alone with Ueno. Maybe Oka is the reason they get lost? Some mischief on her part.

...perfect. You should give Riichi Ueshiba a call and make it happen.

That actually sounds like something Oka might do, too. Maybe Oka could end up flirting with Tsubaki a bit, that could definitely create some tension. There was potential for that back when they bumped into each other and had ice-cream together.

And you have Tsubaki with the image of both Oka and Urabe in their bikini. That could some how pop out as if Oka foresaw the opportunity. Her ultimate goal is to get Urabe to kiss Tsubaki maybe? While causing enough mischief for that to transpire.

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,159 posts) See mini bio Level 12

I wonder if Yoshikawa will be taken part in an arc?

Top Editors
Top Posters
takashichea
2,383 posts
Marshal Victory
1,289 posts
LHWKnight
464 posts
bigz007
230 posts
Supreme Marvel
220 posts
hitsusatsu11
187 posts
Daniel_Newton
167 posts
Acura_Max
166 posts
Bigheart711
165 posts
Sonata
140 posts
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel