Attack on Titan Discussion

Topic started by takashichea on April 8, 2013. Last post by Supreme Marvel 2 weeks, 1 day ago.
Post by takashichea (10,877 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Moderator

@Sonata:

I counter your posters with Attack on Vocaloids.

Edit:

Recent episode is great, but a bit slow.

Post by Sonata (35,159 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Moderator
@takashichea: That vid is the very definition of WIN!XD
Post by Supreme Marvel (5,061 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Sonata: Love the Teen Titans one. I think Starfire looks a bit heavy in that picture though.

Post by Sonata (35,159 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Moderator
@Supreme Marvel: I loved that one as well along with the Black Rock Shooter one.
Post by rubberluffy (568 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Despite Keyhole's crappy streaming capabilities, I was able to notice that episode 13 managed to actually have stuff happen! And then more stuff happened! And even a little more!

Post by takashichea (10,877 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Moderator

@rubberluffy:

That's great to hear. Can't wait to watch it tonight.

Post by rubberluffy (568 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Haha holy shit, I'm not even 8 minutes into the episode (crunchyroll) and it's completely obvious this is a rushed out/last minute episode. I had heard they aired an earlier episode incomplete in some areas of Japan (episode 4?), but I think CR got the completed version of that one. But this...the scene around 7 minutes in where Annie rescues Jean is completely not shown. Like, not stylistically, but it just zooms in on her face, she moves a little then it cuts to them all on the roof. Like...what exactly did she do? There's a few other examples (cutting out of an action scene to show a shot of rooftops) and I'm only 1/3rd through the episode.

No wonder there's a recap episode coming. They desperately need any extra time they can get.

edit: There's incomplete art (CGI?) around the 11min mark. Stone bricks that are purple, and some werid green fogginess.

super edit-jin: Episode was much better paced than the previous few. Unfortunately this is definitely one that needs some fixing up for the BD/DVD release. Maybe it already has been for later airings, and CR just got the rushed out early episode?

super edit-jin 2:

Yeah

Post by AURON570 (548 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Incoming recap episode. Just in case the plot wasn't already crystal clear for you.

So basically 3 things happened in episode 13: 1. They sealed the wall, which we all saw coming. 2. We learned that Titans cough up human furballs. 3. Eren joins the Survey Corps.

Lol this anime is turning into a Hollywood action movie. I guess that's partly why it appeals to so many people.

Post by Sonata (35,159 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Moderator
You can tell the episode was rushed due to the animation flaws. Overall it was a great episode things are going to heat up again after the recap episode next week.
Post by takashichea (10,877 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Moderator

Finally, it got some action. Boy, a lot of folks died protecting Eren. I was surprised they killed off Marco, but what happened to him?

  • Ian
  • Mitabi
  • Marco

Dang, there is a recap episode. Well, I got to do the summary for it.

@rubberluffy:

Oh yeah, that Annie scene was weird. I didn't know what happened. Jean, Annie, Connie, and Marco's scenes are anime exclusive.

Post by rubberluffy (568 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@takashichea said:

Finally, it got some action. Boy, a lot of folks died protecting Eren. I was surprised they killed off Marco, but what happened to him?

  • Ian
  • Mitabi
  • Marco

Dang, there is a recap episode. Well, I got to do the summary for it.

@rubberluffy:

Oh yeah, that Annie scene was weird. I didn't know what happened. Jean, Annie, Connie, and Marco's scenes are anime exclusive.

Please add the animation staff to the list of the dead. I'm sure at this point the surviving family members are taking up the the job the no doubt worked-to-death animators have left behind.

Post by sickVisionz (4,233 posts) See mini bio Level 24
Moderator

@rubberluffy said:

Please add the animation staff to the list of the dead. I'm sure at this point the surviving family members are taking up the the job the no doubt worked-to-death animators have left behind.

I remember reading a while back that this show was having production issues but this is the first episode where I noticed it. It seemed like entire bits were missing during some of the action scenes. Especially crazy because I believe there was a lot of last minute rescuing but with the missing scenes it felt like characters were randomly there all of the sudden. A few times I wondered if I bumped the fast forward button and missed something.

I hope they can get things back in order soon but I get the feeling things are going to be rough like this for a while. They probably would have been better off just chopping this show in half and taking a one season break after episode 13.

Post by rubberluffy (568 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@sickVisionz said:

@rubberluffy said:

Please add the animation staff to the list of the dead. I'm sure at this point the surviving family members are taking up the the job the no doubt worked-to-death animators have left behind.

I remember reading a while back that this show was having production issues but this is the first episode where I noticed it. It seemed like entire bits were missing during some of the action scenes. Especially crazy because I believe there was a lot of last minute rescuing but with the missing scenes it felt like characters were randomly there all of the sudden. A few times I wondered if I bumped the fast forward button and missed something.

I hope they can get things back in order soon but I get the feeling things are going to be rough like this for a while. They probably would have been better off just chopping this show in half and taking a one season break after episode 13.

Well next episode is a recap, so that should give them some extra time to work on things. Unfortunately I have a feeling these production issues are probably a cause of both time and managerial issues. If they can't use this to get back into a reasonable rhythm then I suspect the problems might be back within 4 or so episodes. It took 5 episodes before the first big time problem showed up, since episode 5 was aired unfinished in some parts of Japan, but touched up for the rest of the country.

Post by Sonata (35,159 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Moderator

New OP, New ED, same high level of intrigue. Good episode this week.

Post by takashichea (10,877 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Moderator

@Sonata:

I missed the old opening. This new opening is pretty mellow and has a lot of blood on folks. I'm still watching episode 14.

Post by Sonata (35,159 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Moderator

@takashichea: I do too the new OP is good, but it doesn't have that hard edge like the last one. The old one made me want to go out and do something heroic after I listened to it.

Post by AURON570 (548 posts) See mini bio Level 15

So I just watched episode 14. That was pretty great. I like the new OP and ED. I think the ending definitely fits A LOT better with the tone of the show than the 1st ED. I wonder how much of their animation budget they spent on the OP this time xD, haha not that I'm complaining.

Oh boy just when I thought "Attack on Court Drama", Levi comes in and treats Eren like shit. So THIS is what military trials are like! *rolls eyes* Also, I can't tell if Levi just did that as part of the plan, or if he actually enjoyed it. In any case, I'm finding the Survey Corps dudes much more interesting/problematic as characters than any of the other soldiers we've been introduced to so far. It's hard to say whether any of them actually respect Eren, or they're just using him for his abilities. Kind of like real life... most people don't care about your feelings, just what you can do for them.

Post by takashichea (10,877 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Moderator

Episode 15 just revealed how crazy Hanji is. Hanji just became my most favorite character, topping off Mikasa and Sasha.

Edit:

Sorry guys and gals for the naughty GIF. I had to do it.

Post by Bigheart711 (3,687 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I just caught up to seeing the series after three days of watching the episodes in order and things were crazy. About Episode 15, I also loved how crazy Hanji was. Also... (Spoilers!)

I think one of the Survey Corps members that got all in Eren's face got too crazy and killed both of the experiment titans. There's a small chance that it could've been Levi, but that's rather unlikely from a tactitian.
Post by Sonata (35,159 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Moderator

@takashichea: LOL I've seen that GIF a while back and thought it was hilarious.

I also like Hanij she's great, but I still miss Sasha:(

Top Editors
Top Posters
takashichea
1,957 posts
Marshal Victory
1,049 posts
LHWKnight
415 posts
bigz007
226 posts
Supreme Marvel
207 posts
hitsusatsu11
183 posts
Acura_Max
170 posts
Daniel_Newton
168 posts
Sonata
133 posts
Destinyheroknight
102 posts
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel