After an EMP wave shuts down all electronic equipment in a wide radius, Komuro and his friends must defend the mansion or risk losing all that matters to them. The walking dead are inching closer, and time is running out...
The US and Japanese naval forces team up to shoot down some of the retaliatory missiles. However, one missile manages to penetrate through the joined US and Japanese air defenses, exploding somewhere near Japan. Due to the EMP burst from the nuclear explosion, machines and electronics near the blast break down which causes Shido's bus to crash and destroy one of the barricades. With a giant horde of zombies coming to the mansion, Soichiro orders the main gate to be closed but the overwhelming zombies breach the gate, causing panic among the survivors. With the mansion no longer safe, the Takagis order their followers and the remaining survivors to fight and head to another safe area that has yet to be breached. The Takagis leave Saya's safety to Takashi and the group as they fight to their Humvee which was not affected by the EMP. With their ride fixed, the group leaves the mansion while the survivors fight off the horde. Despite the situation, the group remain optimistic as they finally arrive at a mall by foot.
Points of Interest
- In this episode, the singer of the series ending themes, Maon Kurasaki, performs the voice of one of Them.
Manga & Anime Differences
- In the original manga version of the story, Team Takashi's members escaped on the amphibious vehicle they were given. Continuity was changed since the events of Episode 9 originally happened after these events. Rika's Humvee remained at the estate in the manga.
- The officer shown walking past photo board used in the credits is Matsushima. She is an officer that left the Taiei Shopping Town for help before Takashi and his friends arrived. She is never shown to be alive in the manga.
- Opening Theme: "HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD" by Kishida Kyodan and the Akeboshi Rockets
- Ending Theme: "The Eternal Song" by Maon Kurosaki